"Improving the Day to Day of Athletic Healthcare"
Student-Athlete Response Form
This questionnaire is part of a study to research the satisfaction of care provided to intercollegiate student-athletes by their athletic trainers. Your participation is requested. Nowhere on this questionnaire will you be identified and all of the information you provide will be kept anonymous. Answering this questionnaire indicates your consent to participate.
Years in College
Number of injuries / illnesses you have sustained
Please check the response that best suits your satisfaction with your athletic trainer(s) and the services they provide.
Very Satisfied, Moderately Satisfied, Unsure, Not Satisfied, Very Dissatisfied.
(1) I am with the quality of care provided by my athletic trainer. (2) I am with the courtesy shown to me as an athlete by my athletic trainer.
(3) I am that my athletic trainer provides a safe environment.
(4) I am with the knowledge demonstrated by my athletic trainer regarding my injuries. (5) I am with the terms my athletic trainer uses when explaining my injury to me. (6) I am with the level of confidentiality demonstrated by my athletic trainer concerning my medical information. (7) I am with my athletic trainers’ method for proper rehabilitation of athletic injuries. (8) I am that the answers to my questions provided to me by my athletic trainer are accurate. (9) I am that my athletics trainer views each injury equally important.
(10) I am with how my athletic trainer demonstrates appropriate concern for my feelings and emotions following an injury.
(11) I am with amount of time it takes for an athletic trainer to approach me for consultation once I enter the athletic training room.
(12) I am with the level of concern my athletic trainer expresses about each injury regardless of how many I have had in the past.
(13) I am with my athletic trainers’ initial response time to my injury during a practice or game.
(14) I am that the location of my athletic trainer during practice is such that he/she is capable of responding quickly to an injury.
(15) I am with the athletic training room hours prior to practice/competition. (16) I am with my athletic trainers control of emergency situations.
(17) I am with my athletic trainers utilization of other athletic trainers or other medical professionals when he/she is unsure of an injury.
(18) I am with my athletic trainers’ explanation of the opinions provided by the physician. (19) I am with the time lapsed between when I am referred to see a physician until the time I see the physician. (20) I am with the clarity of language in which my athletic trainer uses when explaining the nature of my injury to me. (21) I am with the level of concern my athletic trainer portrays toward each athlete no matter what sport they are in. (22) I am with the quality of care provided to each athlete no matter what gender they are.
(23) I am that the time my athletic trainer takes to get to practice is appropriate to provide proper medical supervision.
(24) I am with the amount of medical supplies provided for use by athletic trainers. (25) I am that my athletic trainer provides me with the information I need to prevent re-injury after sustaining an initial injury. (26) I am with the availability of my team physician. (27) I am with the time it takes from when I get injured until the time the coaching staff is aware of my injury.
(28) I am with the conduct in which my athletic trainer carries him/herself.
(29) I am with the rehabilitation techniques provided to me by my athletic trainer. (30) I am with the level of respect my athletic trainer gives me.
(31) I am with the assessment process my athletic trainer uses to evaluate my injuries.
(32) I am with the treatment my athletic trainer uses to rehabilitate my injury. (33) I am with how my athletic trainer communicates with my coaching staff about my illness or injury condition.
(34) I am with the amount of time spent from injury onset to when I see an appropriate medical professional.
(35) I am with my athletic trainer’s skill in various taping and wrapping techniques.
Please check (Yes) or (No). Your response should represent your satisfaction with your athletic trainer(s) and the services they provide.
(36) My athletic trainer brings enough medical supplies when the team is on the road.
(37) I am confident that my athletic trainer is competent and knowledgeable.
(38) I feel comfortable when approaching my athletic trainer about injuries or illness.
(39) I am satisfied with the way my athletic trainer personally treats me.
(40) I am satisfied that my athletic trainer is truly interested in helping me fully
recover from my injury in a timely fashion so that I can return to competition. (41) I feel my athletic trainer is competent with new uses of treatments. (42) I am satisfied with my athletic trainer’s desire to become a better athletic trainer.
(43) My athletic trainer is present and in position to assist me in the event that I am injured.
(44) My athletic trainer is knowledgeable with current trends in athletic training. (45) All of the athletic trainers trust one another to properly assist me as an athlete. (46) I am satisfied with the quality of care I receive in the athletic training room.
(47) The athletic training room is equipped with the necessary tools for quality care.
(48) I am confident in the athletic trainer’s decision to remove me from a game or practice due to my injury or illness.
(49) I am satisfied with the athletic training room hours of availability to athletes prior to practice or competition.
(50) Overall, I am satisfied with the athletic training services.
1. I am that my sports nutrition questions and concerns were addressed during the past year.
2. I am with the education and / or strategies that I received during the year with regards to rest, recovery, and regeneration.
3. I am with the education and / or strategies that I received during the year with regards to losing / gaining / maintaining my weight,
body composition, and / or nutritional intake.
4. I am with the education and / or strategies that I received during the year with regards to nutritional supplements.
5. I am with the education and / or strategies that I received during the year with regards to meal planning, hydration, and / or other
strategies to improve my health and athletic performance.
6. I am with the overall sports nutrition services provided to me over the past year.
1. I am with the knowledge demonstrated and the quality of care provided to my by the team physicians.
2. I am with the "patient interaction" and communication provided to me by the team physicians.
3). I am with the appointment process to be able to see a physician.
4. I am with the overall physician services provide to me over the past year.
1. I participated in one or more sessions with an Athletic Counselor (Greg Harden or Barb Hansen).
2. The counselor seemed supportive and concerned about me.
3. I learned some new ways to and strategies to deal with my concern.
4. If a friend were in need of similar assistance, I would recommend this counselor to him / her.
5. I am with the overall counseling services provided to me this past academic year.
Please provide any comments regarding your responses to specific questions and/or other areas where we could improve.